CHPP Electrical & Mechanical Operators | Lithgow
Job no: 493126
Work type: Full time
Categories: Mining, Resources & Energy
Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods.
Qube Bulk is an industry leader in safety initiatives and innovation through advanced In-Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), fleet monitoring, supply chain management technology and equipment performance-based standards engineering.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced CHPP Electrical & Mechanical Trade Based Operators to join our Clarence CHPP team. Located near the NSW town of Lithgow, this position will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the Clarence Coal Handling & Preparation Plant.
Please note that this is a residential role and as such, the successful applicant will need to reside in or around the Lithgow area.
The successful applicant must:
- Hold an Electrical or Mechanical Fitting trade certificate.
- Hold a current Order 43 Medical.
- Have a minimum of 2 years CHPP experience (preferred but not essential).
- Have an up-to-date resume with contactable references.
- Have a proven understanding of the associated safety risks and hazards of a coal handling and processing environment.
- Have an unwavering commitment to safety and an attitude that drives a zero-harm workplace.
- Possess a positive “Can Do” attitude and be team focused.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify, report and act on workplace hazards.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Be flexible in approach to work arrangements and be willing to undertake training to further develop your skills to meet the requirements of the business.
- Operate and maintain the CHPP facility and associated plant.
- Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs to CHPP equipment.
- Be involved in the CHPP mechanical &/or electrical upgrades.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the CHPP area including the clean-up of any material spillage throughout the facility.
- Assist in developing safe operating procedures for CHPP production and maintenance tasks in consultation with CHPP supervisors.
- Participate in pre-start meetings and provide information to incoming teams.
- Work safely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure production and maintenance performance meets the needs of the CHPP.
Working at Qube
- State of the art equipment
- Well thought out process and systems
- Job security with ongoing contracts
- Access to our employee well-being program - any other benefits
- We provide career pathways and development opportunities
- Committed to promoting workplace diversity
- Encouraging the next generation
- Committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees
At Qube we value diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you possess the above attributes and are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For further information regarding the role please contact Michael Boyd on 0437 392 621.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend