Job no: 493359
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service providers in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
Based in Darwin, the HSE Advisor will provide support, education and advice to Site managers, shift managers and work teams. HSE Management is one of the key deliverables for the business and to demonstrate to state legislative bodies that they have safety management processes developed and have sufficient rigour to control the business risks and meet the standards established by the states Acts and Regulations.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the scope of operations, including maritime operations, working environment, current work practices and procedures.
- Assist with the development of a training needs analysis (including gap analysis), including the identification of training needs and the development of a site training plan. Monitor the implementation of the training plan with respect to critical training.
- Assist site personnel in the development of site and task specific risk assessments, operational procedures and work instruction and conduct ongoing reviews of the effectiveness and compliance to risk control measures.
- Develop the site induction with the respect to both Qube Ports and Bulk and owner requirements when working on common user sites and with the perspective of employees potentially coming from a varying range of backgrounds.
- Liaise with site representatives at common user berths, for the purposes of obtaining key information, conducting joint risk assessments and communicating the Qube Ports and Bulk HSE Management Plan.
- Establish HSE consultation and communications processes, including the establishment of Health and Safety Management Arrangements, HSE Representatives, HSE Committees, and toolbox meetings.
- Provide the site with leadership and assistance in the development of a safety culture and environment which is consistent across all safety-critical functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor the site HSE Management Plans to meet the site performance targets and meet the Business and Corporate requirements.
- Establish, implement and monitor an inspection and audit programme for the sites including all maritime safety requirements, mentor staff in the carrying out of these activities.
- Implement the change management standard when processes change on site and ensure that all change management objectives are meet and complied with.
- Develop and implement return to work plans, liaise with stakeholders in the return to work process and ensure regulatory and legislative guidelines are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in HSE (essential)
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management (preferred)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing (desirable)
- Experience in the implementation and management of safety management systems
- Identification and implementation of effective HSE initiatives.
- A thorough understanding of safety within heavy industry.
- Ability to undertake large scale risk assessments.
- Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans to address safety issues.
- Understanding of training principles and their application in addressing HSE issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft word applications
- A minimum of 3 years in an operational environment
- Safety or related qualification from a tertiary institution
- Team management and leadership
- Problem solving ability
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Focus on safety
- Conflict resolution
- Customer focused and responsive to customer requirements
- Performance and task driven
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership. Apply now!
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend