Job no: 514127
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Executive VP & Provost
Department: Women's Center
Location: Blacksburg Area
The Women's Center at Virginia Tech seeks an energetic and committed professional to serve as a Gender-Based Violence Advocacy Coordinator (AC) under the direction of the Associate Director for Advocacy Services. The AC assists the Women's Center in achieving its mission to foster a campus community that is safe, equitable and supportive for women by serving victims and survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), including sexual assault, domestic and relationship violence, stalking, and harassment. The Women's Center is a unit of the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost and serves all university students, faculty and staff. The AC provides advocacy and support services, facilitates trainings to allied professionals, and assists with Women’s Center outreach and education efforts related to gender-based violence.
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Student Affairs or other human services field.
• Knowledge of and commitment to intersectional women's and gender issues including violence against women, equity, diversity and social justice.
• Strong communication skills, including public presentations, facilitation and teaching.
• Excellent administrative skills including ability to work collaboratively in a team and lead work groups to successful completion of projects and tasks.
• Demonstrated experience in providing direct services to survivors of sexual assault, domestic and/or relationship violence, stalking and other forms of interpersonal violence.
• Experience in a higher education setting.
• Demonstrated work experience in advocacy or counseling.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend