Chief Advancement Officer - WVTF
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 527186
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Senior Vice Pres Advancement
Department: Senior Vice Pres Advancement
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Categories: Advancement, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Fundraising
Chief Advancement Officer - WVTF reports to WVTF General Manager and the Assistant Vice President for Advancement – Colleges and Units. The position provides leadership and coordinates all aspects of fundraising activities for WVTF Public Radio with greatest attention to Annual and Major Giving, Planned and Principal Giving and Donor Relations.
Duties include: developing a comprehensive operating plan to outline goals and strategies; creating and implementing a balanced departmental budget; setting realistic revenue goals with station management.
Regular activities include: planning and implementing the station’s major giving initiatives; oversee individual giving fundraising including collaboration with station programming staff for on-air fundraising; supervise corporate underwriting.
Working closely with General Manager this position is a key staff member in planning and executing station's internal and external messaging, especially as it relates to donor cultivation. Work with the General Manager as ex officio member of the WVTF RADIO IQ Friends Council to promote support for the radio station.
• Bachelor's degree and related experience equating to an advanced degree or specialized fundraising training.
• Demonstrated successful record of accomplishment in fundraising.
• Demonstrated success in acquiring major gifts.
• Strong communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience motivating volunteers, professional staff, and donors.
• Ability to work as a team member within a multifaceted organization requiring collaboration, teamwork, and communication.
• Willingness to travel regionally and nationally, including overnights and weekends.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a program including goal-setting, evaluation, and planning.
• Must be able to communicate with key managers as well as all staff members.
• Master's degree along with relevant experience or advanced training in fundraising.
• Demonstrated experience in nurturing and soliciting major gifts.
• Experience in developing fundraising messages for on-air and marketing campaigns.
• Demonstrated, successful record of fundraising within a public radio setting.
Commensurate with experience
Livingston Associates is assisting Virginia Tech with this search
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a Virginia Tech faculty application online at www.jobs.vt.edu as well as send a resume, cover letter and five references to:
7345 S Pierce St.
Littleton, CO 80128
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Advancement HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend