When was the last time you changed the world? In Virginia Tech’s Division of Student Affairs, that’s exactly what we’re doing every day—guiding, nurturing, and supporting students as they learn and grow into the leaders and world-changers of today and tomorrow.
We’re currently searching for an Administrative Manager to join the Cranwell International Center (CIC) team in Blacksburg, VA to help us in our mission. The Administrative Manager reports to and supports the Director of Cranwell International Center (CIC) while providing administrative, operational, and fiscal support for all functional units within CIC. If you are interested in utilizing these skills to support our office which supports 3500+ international students, please continue reading.
Here’s what you need to know about the role:
1. You’ll be joining the Cranwell International Center, a department that exists to articulate, advocate, and act in support of international students, amplifying their contributions to the Virginia Tech community and to the advancement of the university as more globally oriented and internationally connected.
2. You’ll report to the Director of the Cranwell International Center. This position is a Regular, Calendar Year, 100% Staff appointment.
3. You’ll be primarily responsible for supporting the administrative functions of the office including purchasing requests, budget tracking, calendaring, and communication support.
4. You’ll have the chance to grow and take advantage of a developmental plan with opportunities to advance within the Department and the Division.
5. You’ll be offered a salary range from $40,000 - $44,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid leave, retirement, tuition assistance, VT discounts, and so much more!
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a high-volume professional environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, professional office practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills to interact comfortably and respectfully with faculty, staff, and students of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proficiency in utilizing office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated professionalism in handling confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization, including executive-level management and administrators, and across a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience working with international students.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures related to travel, payroll, procurement, and human resources.
- Proficiency with institutional software such as Banner, HokieMart, HokieSpa, TEM, Leave System, and TimeClock Plus.
- Advanced computer skills.
$40,000 - $44,000
11/21/23 - Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.