Business Operations Coordinator
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 527802
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Executive VP & Chief Oper Officer
Department: University Operations
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
The Business Operations Coordinator provides support for the business and financial operations of the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (EVPCOO) and various departments that report to the EVPCOO senior management area.
This position is responsible for day-to-day administrative and fiscal transactions including, but not limited to, travel reimbursements, purchasing, reconciliations, budget monitoring, record retention, key control, personnel, and fixed asset management. The Business Operations Coordinator ensures compliance with relevant university and foundation policies and procedures. The Business Operations Coordinator serves the department in the advancement of strategic goals and initiatives by providing independent and objective analyses and recommendations through effective reporting and communication. This role provides the highest level of customer service to all constituents. Additional responsibilities include providing administrative and reception back-up support for and assistance to other staff as necessary and special projects as assigned. The position reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Business Operations and works closely with the department Business Manager.
The Business Operations Coordinator is an integral part of a team that is focused on increasing efficiencies through redesigning existing processes and evaluating opportunities to reimagine service delivery models, implementing new operating framework, and modernizing programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or relevant study; or equivalent level of training/experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting and finance principles and procedures.
• Strong organization skills with strict attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple competing priorities, and adhere to project timelines.
• Experience preparing reconciliations in a complex organization, including experience researching, investigating, analyzing, and evaluating data.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with quickly shifting priorities.
• Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with others.
• Ability to maintain discretion and the highest ethical and professional standards while dealing with confidential information.
• Demonstrated proficiency using software programs including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Pro, and other financial and data analysis and reporting tools.
• Experience in a financial role in higher education with exposure to fund accounting.
• Knowledge of university policies, procedures, and related systems (for example, HokieMart, Chrome River, FINTRACS, TimeClock Plus, MicroStrategy, Banner Finance, and Banner Foundation).
• Understanding of the budgeting process, main funding sources, and the university’s financial structure.
Salary range of $55,000-$64,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Zach LaCroix at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend