Student Employment: UCC/Study Abroad Graduate Assistant SPRING 2021 - (PLEASE NOTE - This position is not currently accepting applications at this time).
Job no: 493456
Work type: Student Employment
Location: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Graduate Assistant
||UCC/Study Abroad Graduate Assistant
||Department of Cultural and Global Engagement (DCGE)
|Student Employment Type:
- Serve as the liaison between QU’s DCGE, students, and UCC and other host institutions
- Assist students in meeting the academic, social, and cultural challenges of the study abroad experience during pre-departure, semester abroad, and re-entry
- Heavy focus on advising students through application and program options.
- Assist in response to risk management situations
- Assist the DCGE in the overall development of this UCC’s study abroad program and others around the globe.
- Effectively communicate and plan on average between 80 students, Quinnipiac University, and University College Cork; accept and review applications, organize flights, organize abroad housing, etc.
- Potential opportunity to assist in accompany students to Cork, Ireland as a chaperone and guide, providing experiential knowledge
- Support application process in Study Abroad Software Teradotta. Will be trained by software admin
- Perform information sessions for study abroad
- Support pre-departure meetings to prepare students for the coming semester
- Assist in course selection, application process, study abroad software
- Expanding programs in Ireland
- Be available for open houses and admitted students day
- Student advising in person and remote
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Strong record keeping and documentation skills
- Flexible, caring, helpful, and supportive attitude; firm but fair
- Excellent multitasking
- Proficient writing skills
- Understanding of PowerPoint, excel, Word
|Hours of Position:
|Required Documents for Application:
|Instructions to Applicants:
||Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend