Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne Based
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Purpose of Role:
The role of the Insurance Risk Consultant to provide support in the delivery risk advice, insights and other support activities/initiatives (as per the Insurance Risk Program of Work) enabling the Insurance business to make better business decisions.
- Support the business teams advocating the desired risk culture and improving risk capability and maturity throughout the business
- Support the activities required for the delivery of the Insurance Risk Program of Work under the consistent approach for Insurance to adhere to Group Risk Management Frameworks, Policies and Standards
- Support the risk business partner teams in their provision of Risk subject matter expertise, advice and delivery support for business initiatives and/or strategy development
- Analyse the businesses risk performance and share insights with the business partnering teams and reporting teams to support them in conversations and reporting to the business to assist in the improving the identification and management of risk
- Identify for areas requiring improvement to support an overall uplift of risk maturity
- Understand core Insurance Obligations and Compliance Requirements and identify when Compliance specialists as required.
- Support the delivery of the Insurance Risk Program of Work under a consistent “way of working” framework
- Advocate the secured “voice of risk” in the business to improve risk capability and culture maturity through Insurance
- Perform activities that are best performed centrally across insurance to drive a consistent approach to adherence with Group Risk Management Frameworks and Standards
- Actively share learnings and insights broadly across the Insurance Risk team to foster a learning culture and uplift capability
Key Job Requirements:
- Business degree or masters - Desired
Experience (minimum type and level of experience required to perform the role)
- Minimum four (4) year appropriate industry experience in Financial Services (Desired)
- ISO 31000: Risk Management training – Desired
- Relevant degree in Business, Law or related field - Desired
- Knowledge of Risk Management Practices and their application in a business environment. business including initiatives (such as process changes and project delivery), and Risk Profiling, Control Frameworks, incident remediation
- Ability to identify business insight, issues, trends and determine cause-effect relationships to provide potential solutions and courses of action based on the information base.
- accurately process and check tasks and show concern for all aspects of role.
- Share and embrace knowledge so people can learn and develop.
- understand and manage the impact of change on myself and support agility and responsiveness to move forward.
- Ability to deliver on planned activities to provide a good customer experience and business productivity.
- convey and explain information, coherently and confidently both oral and written.
- manage business activities and initiatives to achieve individual and/or team goals on time and on budget; take accountability for quality of outcome.
- establish processes and time management strategies to complete goals within set timeframes
- seek out information and break down problems into simple components, options or alternatives and provide solutions
- Ability to identify and use appropriate behavioural styles and interpersonal skills to develop relationships and influence others.
- deliver information which is fit-for-purpose and consistent quality;
- interpersonal skills to interact and influence at different levels;
- go the extra mile to delight our customers.
- Be part of a high performing teams by developing collaborative relationships in line with Suncorp values.
At Suncorp we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers.
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
Opportunity closes Wednesday 28th January
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time