Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Senior Supervisor Mechanic has arisen to join Plant Operations team based in Senakin Coal Mine Project in South Kalimantan.
Some of your duties will include :
• Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of equipment repairs
• Ensure the accurate completion of daily breakdown reports, supervisors shift report, PCR’s for review by senior supervisors before end of shift every day. Ensure accurate breakdown hour information is provided
• Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure correct procedures used when troubleshooting breakdowns and failures.
• Prepare parts equipment and manpower for planned work and shut days.
• Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this includes operator abuse.
What skills and experience do you need?
• Minimum Senior high School with 8 year experience in mechanical repair and supervision in the mining industry. Planning of mechanical repair. Familiar with Heavy equipment’s : Dozer (Caterpillar / Komatsu), Excavator (HiItachi/Komatsu/Liebher), Sandvick Drills, Dump Truck (Caterpillar).
• Be able to communicate well. Be able to disciple people; Logical thinking; People handling skill diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs; HE Mechanic experience on all equipment.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply now and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"