Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since 2003, Thiess in Indonesia has operated open pits at the Sangatta Mine Project, one of the world’s largest thermal coal reserves under a life of mine contract.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and motivated mining professional in what will be a key leadership role in the capacity of Manager Technical Services.
You will contribute to Plan, control and monitor mining operation performance and liaise with Project Managers to foster an efficient mining operation through competent Technical & Engineering skills and disciplines while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Project Manager and based on Project on a 4/10 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Plan, control, organize and coordinate all tasks related to the engineering and environmental activities, such as mine planning, geology, survey, mine rehabilitation activities, and reporting.
- Establish and maintain a record of sound safety and environmental performance and management practice at all levels of operation as per Thiess standard.
- Manage and Coach all subordinates to get maximum performance preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly mine planning and reports.
- Ensure all mine plans are completed in accordance with the mining contract terms and conditions.
- Monitor mining operation performance and to foster efficiencies through competent Engineering services skills and disciplines.
- Audit the project engineering departments to ensure quality systems, procedures and resources are effectively implemented.
- Manage the collation of the site Project Monthly Report templates and targets and review daily, weekly and monthly production and cost information in order to seek business improvement initiatives.
- Maintain, monitor and control production reporting system and provide support to site to ensure the data is updated regularly.
- Graduated from Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering/ Geology with Minimum of 8 years previous experience in Engineering / Mining at a Supervisory level or 4 years at Managerial level; Has experience in Client relations, Subcontract management, Project management, and previous experience in similar role;
- Comprehensive knowledge in mining concept and applications; Strong capability / exposure to mine planning and design software (MineScape, XPAC, Talpac, and other relevant software); Financial reporting & concepts; Has knowledge of and is familiar with mincom, drilling and blasting activities, cost control systems, explosive usage and procedures, AMI Codes Standards and Reporting, and RTKPL procedures; OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements; Technical expertise; Certified in POM from Mine and Energy Department;
- Proficient in written and spoken Indonesian and English language; Computer literacy;
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; good analytical skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to facilitate the accurate transfer of information to all areas of the company; Strong production focus and successful track record, proven to achieve targets and planning skills are pre-requisite; a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 28 July 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.