Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess Indonesia has been providing operation and development of MSJ Coal Mine Project located at Kutai Kertanegara, East Kalimantan, owned Harum Energy Group.
About the role
The Engineer Plant - Reliability provides continuously competent and professional monitor Thiess MSJ plant and equipment reliability data with a Global Approach to improving equipment MTBF to benefit life cycle costing and equipment operational performance, provide consistent communication and reporting and provide engineering solutions to reliability issues.
In line with company growth, we are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced mining professional as Senior Engineer - Reliability to join our Plant Department, Reporting to Plant site operation and Superintendent Plant & Asset – Reliability at Balikpapan. Residentially based on Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Continuously monitor all Indonesia mobile plant and equipment reliability data with a Global Approach to improving equipment Meant Time Between Failure (MTBF), provide consistent communication and reporting and provide engineering solutions to reliability issues.
- Identify project-based opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce maintenance costs.
- Ongoing monitoring of plant reliability and development of improvement strategies.
- Liaise with the Superintendent Plant & Assets - Reliability to monitor, review, and update Fleet Planning Processes.
- Standardise Reliability Reports and KPI’s.
- Identify operational factors that can impact equipment MTBF
- Continually liaise with suppliers and OEM’s to identify improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of maintenance work through enhanced reliability programs.
- Communicate innovations and improvements to key stakeholders in relation to reliability programs.
- Must be a team player – able to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate safety leadership in your own behaviour and your interactions with others.
- Understand the key environmental risks associated with Maintenance operations, the controls to be implemented to manage the risk and the legislative compliance obligations.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations and Thiess and CIMIC policies.
- Coach and mentor individuals where appropriate to support business succession planning.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade qualification or Mechanical/ Industrial engineering degree or equivalent qualifications and experience;
- 8 years industry mining maintenance experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role as a Plant & Asset Specialist or equivalent;
- Experience with mobile plant maintenance operations with large mining equipment; People handling skill and diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs;
- Experience in scheduling and planning maintenance activities for large mining equipment;
- Experience in Maintenance Warehousing and Inventory management processes
- Computer literacy; Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Competent in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (e.g. JDE); Knowledge of contract management, including subcontractors.
- OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on September 27th, 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.