Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Specialist Inventory Control will maintain inventory integrity (part number, description, data duplication, quantity, amount, etc) data in JDE while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Inventory Control and based on Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- To maintain inventory integrity (part number, description, data duplication, quantity, amount, etc) data in JDE
- To maintain stock availability for stocked item by launching stock replenishment order for all our site warehouse to fulfil our customer’s requirement
- To monitor & maintain stock minimum-maximum level, stock movement classification and stock turn over
- To maintain and improve stock accuracy in all our warehouse through daily/weekly cycle count, monthly stock take, and annual spare part and job material stock take
- To maintain and update all date for inventory parameter (ROP, min max), new set-up, and data maintenance in JDE
- To provide inventory statement / report to Supply Chain management or to users in other department
- Assist warehouse member to work on procedure application in inventory and warehouse
- Assist all supply chain member or related parties to solve any issue in JDE related to inventory
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Diploma or Tertiary degree in Accounting or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; requires a minimum 3 years' professional experience in administration, purchasing experience (continuously); Familiar working with ERP system, preferably in JDE is advantageous; good in material & Product Knowledge; 5 years in Supply Chain environment
- Good interpersonal skill and negotiation skill, proficient in English as well Bahasa able to communicate to all level (internal/external), good in planning and organizing job; strong customer focus, target oriented; proactive; able to work in under pressure.
- Inventory Management, ERP knowledge, Analytical Skill, Communication Skill, advance in spread sheet application
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 31 October 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.