Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine Project in the West Kutai region, East Kalimantan Indonesia.
About the role
The Supervisor Lifting & Logistic will be responsible to manage all activities in site Supply Chain Warehouse, especially in the absence of Supply Chain Senior Supervisor while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor and based on site on a 28/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Responsible to manage all activities in site Supply Chain Warehouse , especially in the absence of Supply Chain Senior Supervisor
- To ensure that all materials issued from store must be traceable using MRF , correct part number and cost code completed with approval as signature specimen
- Coordinate and do monitoring all warehouse activities to ensure the correct location , stock store level maintenance .Monitoring fuel and oil issuing – ensure all running well .Stock take result target must reach minimum 95%
- Ensure process of receipting and dispatching inventory are following Thiess procedure .Site warehouse ensure all document match with physical item .NCR immediately issued if not match
- Ensure Site Expeditor is taking on the role of following up outstanding order .Plant team daily updated with P1 item status.
- Take part and controlling all Supply Chain monitoring report and fix the discrepancy (APWF – GRNV)
- Responsible to monitor the issue at Supply Chain warehouse and provide an immediate strong corrective actions
- Responsible to maintain continuous improvement – achieve KPI targets and set up achievable yearly target
- Co-ordinate staff to work safely, productively, efficiently and effectively as an integrated team
- Lead, demonstrate and educate the employees to embrace a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated with respect
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School or University Degree
- Minimum 4 Year Experience in Warehouse Environment Working area
- Computer, JDE Data Base, and site regulation, Knowledge about leadership and interpersonal, Communication skills, Building relationships, planning and organising
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 7th, 2020
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.