Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Superintendent Mining Technology will be responsible to provide leadership in managing and provide services in implementation, development, and operational of mining technologies and its associated applications. This is achieved by supporting and facilitating the system and process for Indonesia operations and ensuing that a high level of communication and customer service is upheld. Reporting to the Business Excellence Manager and based on Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Provide leadership in managing and provide services in implementation, development, and operational of mining technologies and its associated applications
- Supporting and facilitating the system and process for Indonesia operations and ensuing that a high level of communication and customer service is upheld
- Identify areas where site personnel may require further training
- Identify areas where team members may require further training
- Provide preliminary systems support and informal training to project personnel
- Troubleshoot system issues and escalate as required
- Monitor progress of tasks to meet business priorities
- Accurate and timely entry of data
- Produce monthly and AdHoc reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate processes and reconciliations within the mining technology
- Promote adherence to infoMINE & FMS process’s by project personnel
- Review output data and processes and make recommendations on operational improvements
- Ensure review activities are undertaken by site personnel per infoMINE & FMS requirements
- Review reporting for inaccuracies and rectify
- Provide analysis and commentary with reporting when required
- Coordinate peer audits of completed tasks
- Capture and identify the spread of ideas for improvement
- Identify opportunities in deliver the cost-effective technology to support business growth
- Leading the implementation of Mining Technology Cycle across Indonesia
- Manage, influence and empower direct reports to execute tasks
- Lead, coach and develop team members by setting clear expectations, monitoring performance and mentoring team members
- Provide clear performance expectations to personnel and contractors and reinforce correct behaviour through recognition and encouragement as well as application of timely disciplinary procedures
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor level degree or relevant discipline
Customer Service experience
Proficient in mining technology, research, and development
Proficient in day by day mining operational practice
High Level of communication skills
Knowledge of databases
Exposure to IT/Finance/Engineering
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on May 23rd, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.