Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been awarded a five-year contract at Mt Arthur Coal, expanding on our existing operation on the site.
About the role
As a valued member of our Technical Services team the Drill and Blast Engineer, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results. You will be responsible for delivering drill and blast design and planning requirements of the project.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
- Drill pattern design
- Initiation designs
- Blast reconciliation
- Optimisation projects
- Provide advice to production personnel on the required drill and blasting needs
- Work with key stakeholders on short term planning and operational issues
- Communicate any changing plans across the wider team
- Work closely with Technical Services Manage and offsite support to ensure adherence to long term mine plan
- Develop strong working relationships with the operations team
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Previous experience in an Open Cut mining environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with Vulcan, Deswik or mine design software
- A commitment to the best practice of health and safety at all times
- Programming/scripting skills will be highly regarded.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 31st October 2018