Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Due to expected growth, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the Thiess Mining & Metals team in Perth.
As a key member of the Australia Pacific West (APAC-West) management team, the Business Development Manager will lead business development activity by engaging with existing, prospective and new clients. Reporting to the General Manager Mining you will build business relationships and market Thiess and the CIMIC Group’s capability to identify, develop and convert new business opportunities.
In this role, Some of your duties will include:
- Review and assess potential business opportunities
- Prepare prospect briefing papers to advance potential opportunities
- Develop a prospect pursuit strategy to guide and document the development of all opportunities
- Work with Project Development Managers (PDM) to develop strategies to win for each opportunity and support the PDM tender submissions
- Work with the Strategy and Growth team in the development and update of the APAC-West Growth plan
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships to facilitate the delivery of the APAC-West Growth plan
- Enhance Thiess’s market edge by building innovative solutions that add client value and further strengthen client relationships
- Experience in client-facing senior executive positions with responsibility for project leadership as well as profit and loss
- At least ten years’ experience in the mining and construction industry with the majority of time preferably in the WA/SA regions
- Experience in B2B selling with a demonstrated client focus
- A developed professional network in the regional mining industry
- Tertiary qualification in mining, engineering or a finance discipline with preferably postgraduate studies
The successful applicant will also have a thorough understanding of the regional Australian mining industry and an extensive professional network to assist in opening doors to executive briefings
You will have an astute mind, an aptitude for strategic thinking and endowed with commercial awareness and financial literacy that will drive WA and SA’s successes within Thiess’s APAC business.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.