Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next CHPP Operator / Maintainer reporting to the CHPP Supervisor, this role will see you operating all areas of the Coal Handling Preparation Plant in line with the production schedules.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12.25-hour rotating day and night shift or day shift only (both roles available) on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and repair the components of the CHPP Department during scheduled maintenance periods and as required.
- Operate mobile and ancillary equipment in the preparation plant as directed; manage the coal stockpiles and perform train load out operations.
- Perform first response breakdown as required.
- Ensure cleanliness in all areas of the CHPP.
- Comply with site procedures, instructions and original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) specifications and limitations to ensure effective use of equipment and achievement of safe maintenance targets.
Role Requirements as a CHPP Operator / Maintainer at Lake Vermont:
- Desired Current QLD Electrical Licence, Mechanical Trade, Boilermaker or Scaffold / Rigger / Dogger / Crane Background.
- Previous or current experience working within the CHPP mining environment.
- Site Authorisations or Nationally Recognised Competencies for mobile and fixed plant equipment such as CAT 992 Loader and/or CAT D10/D11 Dozer.
- High commitment to a positive safety culture.
- Current Standard 11 Statement of Attainment.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 23 June 2019.