Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As the Human Resources Manager at Peak Downs & Caval Ridge, reporting to the Project Managers, you responsible for coordinating the full spectrum of human resources support to the project. This includes the coordination of various activities including performance and talent management, recruitment, industrial relations HR analysis, systems, reporting, diversity and inclusions initiatives.
The primary functions of this role will see you:
- Provide advice, training, coaching and support to managers ensuring they are informed of their obligations when managing HR and IR issues.
- Provide expertise regarding performance appraisals, disciplinary procedures, disputes and dismissals
- Support the wider Queensland HR team in the delivery of all aspects of HR and IR activities for the Project
- Support in the development, implementation and maintenance of effective people strategies and initiatives. Promote a values based approach to HR at Peak Downs and Caval Ridge.
- Responsible for managing the onsite HR Officer.
This is a site-based role on a 5/2 (Mon – Fri) roster. Flights from Brisbane may be offered for this position.
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources or a related field
- Post Graduate experience will be highly desirable
- Human resources experience in a mining or heavy industry environment
- Strong computer skills including an advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- High level of influencing, leadership and engagement skills.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.