Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Due to significant growth we are currently seeking a Recruitment Administrator to provide high quality recruitment support to our busy recruitment team. Joining a high performing team, you will provide support across various portfolios and deliver operational tasks to assist with the efficient delivery of the recruitment function. This position is being offered as a 12 month fixed-term contract and is based at the Thiess Head Office in Southbank.
Some of your duties will include:
- Place advertisements for staff and wages vacancies across various platforms
- Support the coordination and participate in all procedural aspects of the recruitment and mobilisation processes for projects
- Assistance with the coordination of bulk recruitment campaigns
- Contract creation for all external job offers
- Reference checking for staff and wages vacancies
- Booking and coordination of pre-employment medicals
- Detailed knowledge of PageUp recruitment platform – creating positions, advertising and creation of offers through the system
The key to success in this role is the ability to build strong working relationships with the recruiters and other key stakeholders such as site managers, ensuring all candidates have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Experience in a fast-paced administrative role with a high level of exposure to processes and systems
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Strong ability to work as part of a support team and adapt to changing stakeholder requirements
- Experience working with PageUp or other similar recruitment tracking systems
- Advantageous to have an extensive knowledge of HR Information systems, preferably Oracle and PageUp
This role will provide you with the scope to make the next step in your career. The ability to communicate effectively is essential, as is a dedicated commitment to supporting and driving performance and efficiencies for the Queensland operations.
Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.