LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in the Philippines.
The South Commuter Railway Project alignment runs along the existing Philippines National Railway (PNR) right of way (ROW) and runs from Blumentritt in the north to Calamba in the south over 55.6km. The line has been split into 8 contracts.
CP S–03b comprises a passenger interchange facility at FTI Station and Bicutan Station connected with the Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP) Line at FTI and Bicutan stations Senate Station. Civil Engineering, Tunnel and Building Works for approximately 6.1km of Railway with 4.7km of Underground Railway and 1.4km of at-Grade Railway, including FTI Station and Tunnelling Works to connect to MMSP Senate Station. M&E installations in the Stations. The provision of Elevators and Escalators in the station buildings, fire alarm system, signage and other ancillary works are also part of the civil works packages.
The role is responsible for planning, monitoring and delivering the construction; allocation of equipment and manpower resources, and supporting subordinates with the same; influencing internal/external stakeholders for necessary support; and monitoring adherence to HSE guidelines and regulations WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF completion of construction as per high quality standards and within budgeted costs and timelines.
Construction planning & monitoring
- Provide inputs to supervisor and/or Planning Manager with respect to creation of the project management program
- Create overall construction plan based on the project management program shared by supervisor
- Guide subordinates in cascading the construction plan down to subsequent levels; Provide inputs on work sequence, equipment/manpower resource management, subcontracting needs, etc.; Review and approve section-level construction plans suggested by subordinates
- Analyse progress reports against section-level construction plans as shared by subordinates
- Create progress report against overall construction plan and share the same with supervisor on a periodic basis
- Take necessary action to correct any time/cost overruns and escalate to supervisor for any support required
Sub-contractor and supplier management
- Review and approve draft purchase orders prepared by subordinates; Guide subordinates in conducting negotiations with suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance on an on-going basis and take corrective action as and when required
- Guide subordinates in deciding on scope of work to be sub-contracted, outlining the scope and terms & conditions of work for sub-contractors
- Support subordinates in conducting tender interviews and commercial negotiations for high-value/critical sub-contracts
- Monitor progress of sub-contracted work on an ongoing basis; guide subordinate in taking corrective action in case of issues
- Review and approve high-value invoices and delivery dockets from suppliers/sub-contractors
- Coordinate with the commercial team to push through pending/delayed vendor payments
- Review construction costs on a periodic basis; Raise red flags, if any, to supervisor and Commercial department; Provide inputs on corrective action
- Guide subordinates in recovering cost over-runs from clients/sub-contractors, as applicable, on a timely basis.
Health, safety & environment (HSE) management
- Understand health, safety and environment (HSE) related guidelines internal to the company as well as statutory regulations in the country of operations
- Guide subordinates on training the team on HSE on an on-going basis; seek support from internal/external experts as and when required
- Monitor adherence to HSE guidelines on a regular basis
- Provide information or other support requested by the concerned teams during internal/external HSE audits.
- Oversee adherence to quality management system with respect to materials, equipment, etc. received from suppliers
- Monitor construction quality on an on-going basis; Take corrective action to address the same; Escalate major quality concerns to supervisor
- Train subordinates and team members on quality concepts; seek support from internal/external experts as and when required.
- Report progress against construction plan to clients as per project guidelines; develop strong working relationships with key client representatives
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with key individuals in major supplier/sub-contractor organisations to ensure smooth on-the-ground operations
- Interface with representatives of other contractors as required to ensure mutual cooperation and a beneficial working relationship
- Guide subordinates on responding to public complaints on inconvenience; Take corrective measures to address the same
- Set objective goals, evaluate performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback
- Identify performance gaps in subordinates and provide necessary support to close such gaps
- Recognise and encourage high performing subordinates
- Train and mentor subordinates on technical as well as behavioural aspects of their respective roles
- Provide opportunities to the team to develop their capabilities
- Resolve issues faced by subordinates
- Demonstrate leadership to subordinates on an on-going basis
- Degree in Engineering/Construction or have had vocational training, maintain certification.
- Have not less than 20 years of experience in management of design and construction of major civil works projects or tunnelling projects for the position of Tunnel Construction Manager (TBM)
- Have not less than 5 years of experience within the railway environment.
- Knowledge of LAIO quality management system and procedures
- Knowledge of company guidelines and local regulations on HSE
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.