Your new role At NewDay
This position needs someone with energy and passion to complement our existing development team, to contribute to our existing projects as well as work on strategic new projects. In this role you must have a desire to deliver high quality output within challenging timeline. The ability to hit the deck running and make valuable contributions quickly will be critical.
0-12 months you’ll deliver
- Hands on development on Nexus Platform
- Responsible for the code quality and simplicity in the system
- Leading a team of data engineers and working with data designers within an Agile framework
- Building knowledge of all data resources within ND and prototype new data sources internally and externally
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency in technologies such as Spark (SQL and/or Scala), Kafka.
- Experience in Scala programming language
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, applied to data solution
- Proficiency with traditional database SQL technologies
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience of CI/CD best practices
And would love you to know or learn:
- Experience of ETL technologies
- AWS exposure (Athena, Glue, EMR, Step functions)
- Experience of relational database technologies (MS SQL Server, Redshift, Aurora)
- Experience with data solution BAU processes (ETL, table refresh etc
We help people move forward with credit,
and help our colleagues to move their careers forward too.
We use our highly flexible, scalable, and multi-product digital credit engine to power over 120 million transactions every year. Our brands include Aqua, marbles, fluid and Bip. We partner with leading brands such as John Lewis, AO, Argos and DEKO.
Over 5 million UK customers are supported by our award-winning customer service.
At NewDay, we value all types of diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer and believe that our differences create a vibrant, authentic working culture. We want all our colleagues to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We don’t discriminate on the basis of age, physical or mental disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and carer status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We make sure that every job is crafted to be inclusive and that people with disabilities or caring responsibilities can take part in the application and interview process. Tell us if you need accommodations: we’ll put reasonable adjustments in place to support you.
Our dynamic NewDay culture
We’re focused on what will drive impact in helping people move forward with credit. Our distinctive culture is geared to spark innovation and team working – with lots of open doors for development. Our customers can rely on us because we aim high, support each other, do the right thing and build for the future.
We invest in our colleagues. On top of a strong market competitive salary, you get a bonus opportunity that matches the impact (delivery + values) you drive in your role. We also help you retire better with market leading pensions.
At NewDay, #yourwellbeing matters: You get 26 days holiday and can buy up to 5 more after probation. Then you’ll get extra days as you build your career with us.
NewWork, our flexible, hybrid working approach, helps you to manage your work/life balance - and even bolt on work time in other countries before or after your holiday. And when you’re in the office, you get free healthy breakfast, fresh juices, lunch, barista coffee etc
Our tax efficient green car and cycle to work schemes save you money (and help the planet).
Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to tell you more about any of our perks.
We work with Textio to make our job design and hiring inclusive
In the NewDay Tech team, you’ll join an Expert or Leader career pathway. This will guide you on what your next step here could look like, with regular and open feedback to help you build capabilities to move forward.
Let’s talk about this role – contact email@example.com