Graduate Assistant - Fine Arts
Job no: 496441
Work type: Student worker
Categories: Humanities, Library, Archives and Museum
The Fine Arts program at The Citadel seeks a part-time (10 hours/week) Graduate Service Assistant for the 2023-2024 school year to assist the Fine Arts program in current and upcoming strategic and programmatic efforts.
The new Capers Replacement Building will include four arts spaces that require strategic and programmatic planning in order to launch with maximum impact; this position will allow the graduate student a unique ground-level opportunity to be engaged in the necessarily diverse range of duties associated with everything from marketing and budgets to donor development and curatorial research. Specific projects will be matched with the candidate’s interests and experience.
The ideal GSA candidate should be a bright, organized, and creative problem solver with a strong work ethic. Positive public-facing work history is relevant, as is demonstrated experience with successfully managing multiple projects. Details are everything. No prior art-related experience is required but the candidate must appreciate the complementary role of the arts in a military setting.
Hours are determined by the GSA and the Director of Fine Arts and may include a couple evening/weekend events.
According to skills and interests, GSA duties may include:
- Assist with donor, member, alumni, and student events and exhibitions
- Give tours of the upcoming art exhibitions (after training)
- Develop budgets and financial projections for a variety of revenue streams
- Create collateral for membership, donor, and exhibition programs
- Research direct and affiliated military programs in the arts
- Use WordPress to update the Fine Arts web site
- Publicize programs to campus and public audiences
- Support preparation of materials for grant submissions
To apply, please fill out the forms on this site and also directly contact Tiffany Silverman, Director of Fine Arts, by email at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin upon posting and will continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend