Assistant / Associate Professor - Nursing
Job no: 495068
Position type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Seeking faculty eager to promote advance the profession through contributions promoting the integration of teaching, scholarship, practice, and service. We desire to grow and maintain a diverse, collegial, and interdisciplinary environment. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related discipline (PhD preferred); if the earned doctorate is not in nursing, the master’s degree must be in nursing. If the doctorate was earned via a BSN to doctorate, the doctorate must be in nursing (PhD preferred), and the requirement for a master’s degree is waived.
- Evidence of area of expertise and an identified program of scholarship.
- Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
- Currently seeking expertise in Family Practice or Graduate Leadership
- Minimum of one-year teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
- Experience working with and understanding of underrepresented and diverse populations
Expectations of the position include teaching, scholarship, and service, with opportunities for professional practice as desired, including:
- Integrating KCON philosophy and organizing framework into classroom and clinical teaching
- Maintaining professional knowledge through critical reviews of evidenced based best practices, professional seminars, workshops, webinars, and conferences.
- Application of learning from professional development to the academic and clinical practice settings.
- Demonstrates adherence to the GVSU Collegiality Policy
- Incorporating the principles of inter-professional education and collaborative practice as defined by the Inter-professional Education Collaborative (IPEC)
- Embedding principles of community/partner engagement to enhance the teaching, scholarship, service, and practice expectations in the college
Assistant ($80,000-$83,000); Associate ($92,000 - $95,000) Salary and rank commensurate with experience
- College of Nursing Research Office
- Opportunities for team-based programs of scholarship
- Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
- Work Life Program to assist in achieving a balanced life between work and personal needs
- As a college and university, we are especially interested in qualified applicants who can contribute through their teaching and research to the diversity and excellence of Grand Valley State University https://www.gvsu.edu/inclusion/
If more information desired, please contact the Dean Tricia Thomas, 616-331-5736.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter and CV or resume. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend