Clinical Initiatives Specialist - Health Compliance Office
Job no: 495108
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Categories: College of Health Professions
This position collaborates with health programs to support student clinical placements by identifying placement opportunities, facilitating required onboarding documents, managing the preceptor recognition program, and maintaining the placement database.
- Apply knowledge of academic programs and clinical roles to interface with a variety of health professionals regarding clinical placements.
- Assist academic programs to identify and secure clinical placement sites for students.
- Completes attestations and other onboarding documents for student clinical placements.
- Manage the database for clinical placement and preceptor information to ensure timely and accurate data collection and entry.
- Create clinical placement and preceptor reports for administration each semester, and as requested.
- Manage the GVSU Preceptor Perks Program including coordination of preceptor enrollment, collaboration with other university departments, and creation of documents.
- Coordinate fit testing for academic programs.
- Assist with health compliance audits.
- Assist with department communication including website and newsletter articles.
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation and good working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and clinical practice sites.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Registered nurse
- Three to five years progressively responsible positions in clinical, health care administration or higher education setting(s).
- Experience working with a variety of databases and software systems.
- High level time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects at once.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in English language and grammar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Experience in occupational medicine or quality improvement
- Experience in program development
- Experience in marketing or public relations
Normal office environment. Some travel and occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY: Minimum starting salary of $59,000;commensurate with experience
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: College of Health Professionals
CAMPUS: Grand Rapids- Health Campus
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin after 12/6/23 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the university.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University.
Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking.
See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend