Assistant Risk Manager(Model Validation)
Job No.: 495720
Employment Type: Full time
Risk Management Department
Job Functions: Risk Management
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, carry on qualitative and quantitative validation of models (including stress testing frameworks) related to credit risk by assessing model logic, assumptions and technical approaches, evaluating model implementation and performance.
- Manage validation process including planning, executing project activities, monitoring milestones, controlling quality of deliverables, liaising with different internal or external parties, and defending fact-based validation results.
- Conduct research to experiment with different analytic ideas using varying technical approaches; track regulatory direction by frequently sorting through the latest regulatory documentation and closely follow best industry practice.
- Prepare reports and communicate to senior management, internal and external auditors, the board, regulators and other related stakeholders.
- Establish and review policies and procedural guidelines regularly.
- Provide assistance in project management, people management and perform individual contribution as well.
- Minimum Master Degree or above with major in Management Science (or Operations Research), Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or equivalent analytic disciplines. An additional MBA is an advantage.
- Experience in performing model-related activities such as development, implementation, application, validation or model risk management of varying models and stress testing in credit risk in financial institutions, business sectors, consultancy or regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Project management and people management experience, demonstrating sufficient coordination skills, communication skills and leadership skills will be a plus.
- Proficiency in technical tools such as SAS, R or VBA.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements, such as CA-G-4, CA-G-5, etc.
- Sophisticated analytic capability and business thinking.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-minded and with passion for analytic excellence.
- A team player with effective collaboration and interpersonal skills is a mandate.
- Excellent in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Fresh graduates are also welcome.
Back to Search Results Apply Now Refer a Friend