Director, DNP Program
Job no: 495732
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: DNP Nursing Program
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The DNP Director will be responsible for ensuring quality and monitoring outcomes related to the DNP program. These duties include analyzing and reporting outcomes assessment data, monitoring curriculum for consistency and comprehensiveness, supporting students from a programmatic level, and mentoring faculty who teach in the DNP program and other tasks that are consistent with the goals of the school and the University.
- Responsible for the overall administration and oversight of the DNP degree and certificate programs as an integral member of the nursing administration team. Maintain an effective teaching record primarily in the DNP Program and guide all final DNP Project activities for students in collaboration with specialty coordinators and project advisors.
- Collect, analyze and report program-level information and outcomes assessment data as required (or requested) by the university, CCNE, State Board of Nursing (SBON) and other regulatory bodies and administrators. Assist with the preparation of annual compliance documents.
- Serve as the leader of DNP Council to include conducting monthly meetings (more frequent if necessary); coordinating reviews of student progression issues; developing, revising and implementing program-level policies. Attend department, administrator and other relevant meetings to report information and request input on behalf of DNP Council
- Monitor curriculum for consistency and comprehensiveness as it relates to program outcomes and the requirements of licensure exams. Ensure adherence to NONPF, NTF and CCNE standards.
- Participate in enrollment activities and monitor program enrollment activities Collaborate with the Admissions Office to facilitate recruitment initiatives.
- Monitor student progression and course withdrawals. Collect, analyze and report data related to enrollment, attrition rates, and degree completion.
- Supervise staff and collaborate with faculty involved with clinical placements to ensure compliance with course objectives, regulatory standards and clinical affiliation agreements.
- Provide the department head with a list of required courses and sections for each term. Assist the department head with making assignments based upon faculty expertise and department needs.
- Mentor faculty teaching in the pre-licensure programs; supervise staff members identified as direct reports, including Graduate Program Assistant. Reviews the performance of staff and student graduate assistants, and provides input to the Department Head regarding review of faculty teaching in the DNP Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
- An earned doctorate and publication record sufficient to merit the rank of assistant professor in the academic department.
- A record of successful teaching in a DNP program.
- Ability to collect and analyze data related to the DNP program.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, and other administrators and staff.
- Understanding the ability to engage in appropriate outcomes assessment practices for the DNP program.
- Ability to use the University's resources to promote an effective teaching and learning environment.
- Certification as a nurse practitioner.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend