Job no: 497346
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Development
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Under the direction of the Senior Director for Development, the scholarship specialist is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni and friends of Robert Morris University for the purpose of increasing philanthropic support. This role will also serve as a team specialist in scholarships and endowment guidelines for the team. Responsible for writing agreements, fund creation, and stewardship of all scholarship and endowment fund donors. Collaborate with other areas of campus to ensure the best possible donor experience for scholarship and endowment donors.
- The Scholarship Specialist will be an energetic and self-motivated colleague, who has an understanding of, and passion for, the mission of Robert Morris University and its future.
- In addition to the scholarship focus, this individual manages the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of a portfolio in the range of alumni, friends, donors, and prospects of the university. With a high degree of independent judgement, is expected to conduct a minimum of 6 visits per month requiring local travel and attendance at evening and weekend events.
- Participates in all aspects of the gift cycle: a) Initiates contacts with potential mid-level ($1,000 plus) and major gifts ($10,000 plus) donors. b) Develops appropriate cultivation strategies. c) Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure. d) Makes solicitations when appropriate and involves other members of the University community in order to maximize philanthropic opportunities. e) Maintains stewardship contacts with donors.
- Works collaboratively with and in support of advancement staff and other university representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for university-wide priorities.
- Monitors and tracks all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations and maintains information in the database. Conducts donor research to discover new prospects for philanthropic support.
- Attends university campaign-related events, alumni events, awareness events, and other appropriate university sponsored events for the purpose of engaging alumni and prospective donors as part of the identification and cultivation process.
- All other duties as assigned. The Development Officer will drive on behalf of the university. Must be available by phone and email outside of typical business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- This is an entry level job into the world of higher education development, willing to train the right individual.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills are required. Ability to present positive, energetic image to diverse internal and external constituents.
- Outstanding management, planning, and organizational skills to work collaboratively on a team and results-based environment.
- Ability to self-manage time, priorities, and projects. Warm, professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a range of staff, faculty, volunteers, alumni, current and prospective donors, and the general public. A positive, achievement-oriented attitude, entrepreneurial mentality, and proactive work ethic. The ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor giving
- information. Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. An understanding of the University’s priorities and objectives and the ability to identify external opportunities or threats affecting them.
- Valid drivers license or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend