Assistant Coach, Men's Ice Hockey
Job no: 497421
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Men's Ice Hockey
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Men’s Ice Hockey program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, Atlantic Hockey, and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Men’s Ice Hockey to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes. This includes: Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts. Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions. Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events. Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes. Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. This includes: Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management. Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Administrative Duties, including: Participate in the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals. Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed. Assist in ensuring program compliance with all NCAA, Atlantic Hockey, and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including: Perform public relations and fundraising duties as needed. Ensure program compliance with all NCAA, Atlantic Hockey, and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including driving on behalf of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of coaching in the sport of ice hockey at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid driver's license is required or the ability to travel on behalf of the University.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend