Clinical Placement and Compliance Specialist
Job no: 497520
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Nursing
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Clinical Placement and Compliance Specialist will report to the Department Head of Nursing with responsibilities in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. In collaboration with the Department of Nursing (DON) Administration, the candidate will cultivate and sustain effective relationships with clinical affiliates in an effort to secure sufficient high-quality clinical sites and preceptors to support the outcomes of the nursing programs. This position will also ensure RMU DON complies with all mandatory regulations and requirements outlined in the clinical affiliation agreements.
- Request, negotiate and secure clinical placements and preceptors for the BSN, MSN and DNP Programs. Ensure qualified sites and preceptors are available for designated clinical courses.
- Work with the Chief Nurse Administrator to assist with establishing clinical affiliation agreements. Ensure existing affiliation agreements are updated and in compliance with Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing requirements.
- Provide direct oversight of clinical requirement tracking systems to ensure nursing students submit all required documentation and clearances as mandated by clinical affiliates and other regulatory bodies. This includes (a) providing effective orientation and communication related to the clinical requirement tracking system, (b) ensuring all clinical-related forms and documents are updated and submitted as required by the affiliation agreements and (c) notifying the Dept Head and Program Directors if and when a student is not in compliance with clinical agency requirements.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate all clinical-related messages to and from clinical affiliates and the DON.
- Represent RMU at various clinical agency student placement meetings. Attend academic-service partnership meetings and conferences as needed.
- BSN preferred
- Experience with clinical placement procedures preferred
- Experience in higher education setting preferred
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- RN license
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend