Success Coach and Retention Specialist
Job no: 497558
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Center For Student Success
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position will provide academic coaching and advising support services for undergraduate students. This position is funded through May 2024 with the potential for additional funding beyond this period.
- Provide academic program coaching, course registration as well as serve as a liaison with academic departments and academic services.
- Assist in student retention and persistent efforts as determined by the department.
- Consult and partner with academic departments, enrollment management, and Student Life offices.
- Develop presentations, workshops, and online resources related to student success.
- Participate in Student Orientation and teach the First Year Experience course each semester.
- Demonstrate culturally inclusive advising, supporting, coaching and counseling strategies for students.
- Effectively use Navigate and Banner tools for assessment, evaluation, and registration results in determining student accomplishment.
- Complete comprehensive semester and annual reporting including, but not limited to, academic achievement, service, membership and retention, and policy compliance.
- Serve as an advisor to one or more student organizations.
- Work collaboratively with other student services staff to maintain an understanding of the full student life-cycle and typical barriers to retention, degree completion, and graduation.
- Develop and implement retention programs, initiatives, and targeted communications to improve student enrollment and retention outcomes.
- Perform targeted outreach and interact directly with at-risk students, connecting them with resources to navigate barriers to completion.
- Evaluate enrollment data to determine the effectiveness of current enrollment processes; liaises with and serves as a resource for academic departments, offices, programs, and schools across campus to develop and realize enrollment goals.
- Perform industry research and may make recommendations for process improvements in line with industry best practices.
- Evening and weekend availability for programs and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, Human Resources, Career Counseling, Human Resources, Student Personnel, Student Affairs or a related field is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an educational setting (secondary or higher education environment) preferred
- Sensitivity to and comfortable working in a multicultural setting
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with underrepresented college students, first-generation students, and high risk students
- Thorough knowledge of university student development theory, academic advising, retention, and persistence programs
- Familiarity with current trends in higher education and technology, and the ability to leverage the use of technology and other resources to meet student needs.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with a high energy level is required
- Ability to develop and deliver effective personal, social, career, and student development programs to individuals and groups
- Independent judgment with a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret statistical data
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Comfortable with social media (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Valid drivers license or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend