Student Employment: Church Street School America Reads Tutor - 23/24
Job no: 495378
Work type: Student Employment
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Federal Work-Study
|Student Employment: Church Street School America Reads Tutor
|Office of Community Engagement
|Student Employment Type:
- Tutor children, grades K-5, in reading skills and other academic areas
- Tutors work with children one-on-one or in small groups.·
- Support teachers in the classroom by working with children who require extra or specialized attention.
- Assist teachers in leading and organizing lessons and/or activities; occasionally complete administrative or creative tasks.
- Training in tutoring techniques will be provided and is required of all participants.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience working with K-6 grade students preferred, but not required.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, willing to take initiative, show interest in their work.
- Punctuality and responsibility are musts to work effectively in this position
|Hours of Position:
- Church Street School operates M-F 8:30-3:30. Applicants must have at least 4 hours per week available within that timeframe to work at this location.
|Required Documents for Application:
|Instructions to Applicants:
|Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:
If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now