The incumbent of this position will provide research and program support on strategic staff initiatives, such as telecommuting and hoteling for university employees, staff wellness website, staff development center, staff development funding program, and other related process improvements. Assists with staff training events and division communication.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and record of success in program development, planning, implementation, and project management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HR strategic initiatives, such as telecommuting and hoteling best practices.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing. Ability to develop and deliver presentations and papers in both informal and formal settings.
• Ability to work with various and diverse constituencies to identify issues, develop working relationships and consensus building to recognize common goals, implementing program initiatives and procedures.
• Demonstrated skills in decision making, judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and organization skills.
• Ability to coordinate a wide variety of duties, responsibilities, and projects with often competing deadlines with ability to take effective action under pressure.
• Strong presentation skills in the preparation and formal/informal presentations: workshops and papers both graphically and in narrative format.
• Ability to maintain and report progress on multiple projects and tasks and adjust to short and often changing deadlines.
• Ability to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people of various cultural backgrounds.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
• Equivalent to a bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related experience in implementation of HR Strategic initiatives (preferred telecommuting, hoteling, and for a large organization required).
• Project coordination experience preferred.
• Learning and development experience required.
• University and union experience preferred.
Admin Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department’s fiscal resources.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,170 - $7,545 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for three (3) years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
How To Apply:
Another Source has been retained to evaluate and identify candidates for this position. Please click here to apply.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at (562) 985-4101.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.