- Process all forms through our student information system. This includes but is not limited to, registration forms; changes of major; grade changes; leaves of absence and withdrawals; name changes
- Answer phones, provide basic information with screening and routing of calls
- Assist with all in person inquiries
- Respond to emails in the shared campus registrar inbox as well as personal inbox in a timely fashion
- Maintain student records in our student information system and student transcripts
- Process incoming transcripts and perform credit evaluations
- Scan documents and student files to our document imaging system
- Process transcript requests and checks for financial clearance
- Coordinate with other campus registrar offices to process degree and enrollment verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse
- Process licensure forms, certifications, loan deferment letters and other special student requests
- Post grades onto student records
- Post degrees awarded and issue letters of rejection
- Set up appointments for Assistant, Associate, and University Registrars, as required
- Assist the Assistant, Associate and University Registrars with data entry tasks as assigned
- Conduct research and prepare reports for Registrar and Dean's Office
- Prepare correspondence, as needed, for supervisor
- As the senior clerical staff in the office, the person in this role will provide guidance to other clerical staff members regarding job functions and questions the staff may have
- Position is located primarily at Beren campus, but may occasional deployment to the other Registrar offices located at Brookdale, Wilf or Resnick campuses
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.