The Assistant Registrar assists in managing all functions associated with an Office of the Registrar, including academic scheduling, student registration and record keeping, degree audit and conferral, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of student and institutional records, compliance with all relevant state and federal laws and regulations, and reporting to relevant institutional stakeholders.
The Assistant Registrar reports to and works closely with Associate Registrar and University Registrar, deans and program directors to enforce academic policy. The position will be based on the Beren campus in midtown Manhattan with the potential for occasional travel to other campuses.
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all student academic records
- Administers processes and procedures for student records management, archiving, and destruction and in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and standards for the maintenance, handling, and disposition of student and institutional records
- Manages compilation, recording, verification, and dissemination of all data related to student enrollment, curriculum, academic progress, grades to relevant constituencies within the University and state and federal accreditation agencies
- Responsible for academic schedule creation and maintenance, performing room assignments and update of the course catalog, including course requisites and maintenance of the academic calendar
- Performs all Registrar services as they pertain to graduation, including conducting graduation audits, processing degree and certificate conferrals and ordering diplomas.
- Collaborates with the Associate Registrar and deans to create and update all registration materials, coordinate course schedules, troubleshoot registration issues, and ensure that all relevant IT systems (e.g. Banner, DegreeWorks, 25Live) reflect the calendar and schedule
- Establishes schedule and timeline for student registration for fall, winter, spring, and summer semesters, manages online student registration process, including execution of a student communication plan, deadline enforcement and registration changes
- Assists the Associate Registrar with creation of registration materials
- Acts as a liaison to other institutional partners to facilitate cross-listing and registration of jointly offered courses
- Assists in the supervision of clerical staff and manages the office in the absence of the Associate Registrar
- Implements technological improvements and updates
- Participates in the development of University policies and procedures regarding student records and registration
- Works with the Deans to update the academic catalog yearly
- Engages in professional development opportunities as a representative of YU, including keeping up to date with federal and state educational policy
- Responds to shared office email and phone inquiries
- Responds to departmental inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Makes updates to the Office of the Registrar website
- Performs testing in various systems such as Banner, DegreeWorks, BDMS (Document Management) and Argos
- Responsibility for registrar functions of other schools and programs may be added to the portfolio as determined by the University Registrar
- Other duties as assigned
|Experience & Education Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Candidates should possess at least 3 years of experience in a college or university administration setting (preference given to candidates with experience in a Registrar’s Office)
- Experience in academic records management, curriculum administration, academic scheduling and student services
- Working knowledge of FERPA and other relevant federal and state laws
- Experience using Student Information System Software
- This position requires occasional travel and support to all Yeshiva University campuses
|Skills & Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word required
- Excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy, strong analytic and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adjust to changing workloads and deadlines
- Skill in the use of computerized student information systems (preference given to candidates with experience in Banner)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all university constituents
- Ability to provide excellent customer service with the ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
||$60,000 - $67,000
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.