Assistant Accountant - Tivoli
Job no: 492321
Work type: Contract
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant for an 8 month contract to ensure the information in the P&L’s is accurate by communicating with all stake holders and to meet the month end deadlines. This role will join our finance team in the Tivoli office.
- Ensure P&L and balance sheet information is accurate and maintained to accounting standards
- Analyse financial data and monitor KPI’s
- Supervise the input and handling of data into the financial system for both accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensure all other input to the central accounting system are received and processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Meet month end reporting deadlines
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Raise & issue debtor invoices
- Prepare weekly forecasts, consolidate results to meet forecasting deadlines
- Prepare annual budgets
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Accounting degree. Preferable CPA or CA qualified or studying towards qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- High organisational skills and attention to details
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend