Job no: 492405
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and based at Port of Brisbane, this role is responsible for the planning, direction and control of stevedoring operations with a focus on people, productivity and meeting customer requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner. Supporting the Operations Manager you will ideally come from a ports/stevedoring background and have extensive people/operations management experience. Your key focus will be day-to-day operations and medium-term planning to maximise the efficiency of the port. This role also includes financial and productivity management through planning and measuring performance processes.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Current driver’s licence
- Previous experience in stevedoring and other high risk port activities
- PC Literacy including competency in the full MS software suite, specifically MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively utilise the Microster operating system to manage labour allocation
- Previous industrial relations experience
- Demonstrated strength in written and oral communications to multiple operating levels
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in vessel operations and planning
- Experience leading and managing people in a Superintendent or Operations Manager role
- Knowledge of WHS&E requirements and obligations
- Sound understanding of industry awards and workplace agreements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- The ability to work shift work at short notice and the hours necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued strong leadership.
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders and backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then click apply to complete Qube’s online application form.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 8th March 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend