Fleet Allocator - Dayshift
Job no: 492413
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX TOP 100 Company and one of Australia 's largest integrated providers of import and export logistics integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
This role is based at our West Melbourne offices and will commence as soon as possible.
Fleet Allocator - Day Shift
Qube has a position vacant for a night shift wharf transport Fleet Controller experienced in managing fleets delivering to metropolitan Melbourne including wharf and direct customers.
- Allocate and oversee allocation of deliveries to fleet of vehicles
- Ensure Chain of Responsibility standards are planned for and met
- Undertake regular on the job observations and guidance to employees to assist in their deliveries
- Monitor and maximise the performance of the QUBE transport operators
- Short, Medium and Long term transport scheduling and recommendation to clients on shipping schedules
- Input data into internal systems 'live'
- Maximise attendance and productivity from all QUBE employees
- Ensure QUBE Procedures and Policies, and those related to Client Operations are understood and adhered to.
- A minimum of 5 years within the logistics and/or heavy transport industry in a similar role
- Current valid Motor Vehicle Drivers License preferred
- Some experience in effectively managing a large industrial workforce
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice in wharf transport and road transport operations
- Ability to implement and deliver policies and procedures.
- Understanding of labour management, performance management and employee development
- Good knowledge of competency based training and assessment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Experience in managing safety in the workplace, including the operations of Quality Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Ability to work under pressure
Qube Logistics values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend