Boilermaker/Fabricator 2:2 residential roster Geraldton
Job no: 492419
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
We are seeking skilled Boilermaker/Fabricators for our MidWest operations. This role is responsible for the light fabrication and repairs of QUBE mobile machinery. This role requires a minimum of at least two years’ experience working in the heavy/medium vehicle industry. A strong Boiler Maker skill coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels are important, as are sound planning and organisation skills.
A sound understanding and working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, Western Australia Main Roads legislation and Chain of Responsibility obligations is desirable. The Boiler Maker will also be required to use their own initiative and apply a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness.
The role is offered on a local 2:2 roster based in Geraldton.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Certificate III in Engineering- Fabrication or equivalent
• Minimum of two years heavy/ road transport experience
• Minimum of two years post apprenticeship experience
• Experience in mobile plant equipment.
• Sound Knowledge of ADR/NHVR standards desirable.
• Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
• Sound skills using Microsoft Office, Excel and Power point
• Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
• Ability to work well within a small team environment
• Strong Boiler Maker skills in all aspects of light fabrication and repair
• Deliver effective mechanical decisions to ensure mobile machinery reliability and operability
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend