Port Operations Manager
Job no: 492858
Work type: Full time
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
The Company’s Geraldton Port Operations specialises in loading and discharging general and bulk cargoes. Reporting to the General Manager North West Region and based in Geraldton, this role requires someone to motivate, lead and manage our operational teams in order to achieve a high level of productivity, be compliant with company safety standards and exceed customer targets and goals.
- Plan, organise and manage operational activities
- Achieving safe and cost effective results through logistics chain planning and labour allocation
- Lead, motivate and direct employees to perform to the highest operational standards
- Ensure compliance with HSE and Quality standards and standard operating procedures of Qube and client organisations
- Ensure that all statutory obligations and HR/HSE policies are adhered to at all times
- Manage end to end individual employee performance
- Liaise with clients and build value adding relationships
- Manage and develop financial budgets and plans in line with business expectations
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications in Business, Logistics, Stevedoring or related qualification (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and developing employees, ideally gained in a ports, logistics or heavy industry environment
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in stevedoring, vessel operations and planning
- Experience in the management of customer relationship management
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing people
- Previous experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in the management of HSE requirements and obligations
- Ability to understand awards and workplace agreements
- Ability to work autonomously using a proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend