Leading Hand Mechanical Fitter
Job no: 493129
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We also deliver a range of tanker services from pneumatic operations for cement and lime through to bulk liquid tankers for fuel and sulphuric acid.
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking to employ our next Leading Hand skilled Mechanical Fitter to join our operations in Mount Keith. The main focus of this role will be leading a team of Mechanical Fitters in our workshop to ensure our modern fleet of Mack prime movers, earth moving equipment, side tippers and all mechanical equipment are operational and serviced, maintained and repaired as needed in accordance with requirements.
- Roster: Day Shift
- FIFO or DIDO into Mt Keith
- Employment Type: Attractive Full Time salary or Attractive Casual Hourly rate
- Mt Keith Camp - pool, gym, wet mess, great kitchen and dining facilities
- Immediate start for the successful candidate
- Lead a team of Mechanical Fitters on site
- Carry out truck and trailer scheduled servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain fleet paper trail on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend fleet roadside breakdowns
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Maintenance of company vehicles and mechanical aids i
- maintenance schedule and operating manuals/procedures.
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Heavy Duty Equipment
- Experience in a heavy industry transport or mining environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
- Stable long term career opportunities
- Attractive packages
- Near new Mack gear and side tipper trailers
- Immediate roles for successful candidates
Sound like you? Please apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Team can be contacted on 08 6141 1903 for further discussions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend