Warehouse Forklift Operator
Job no: 493212
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
Qube has positions vacant for experienced Warehouse Forklift Operators based out of West Melbourne.
Location: West Melbourne, Victoria
- Efficient operation of a Container Forklift (Reach stacker)
- Empty container handling and experience
- Load and unload trucks with containers as instructed and as per daily operating procedures
- Reposition container/s within the depot as required
- Keep the yard tidy and systematic
- Stack containers as per safe working instructions
- Complete all necessary associated documentation
- Take good care of vehicles / plant under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety, fatigue, heavy vehicle operating guide lines, loading requirements, axle weights, adhering to vehicle specific permits
Qualifications and Experience
- Current Forklift License
- Experience with container forklift operations and heavy cargo
- Able to work with various freight - FAK Freight of all kinds - not just standard pallets
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Basic math skills - product allocation/counting
- Attention to detail regarding product allocation
- Knowledge of working in AQIS related areas preferred
A full functional pre-employment medical assessment will be required prior to commencement.
- Regular Drug and Alcohol testing conducted
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend