Assoc Director, School of Education
Job no: 515075
Work type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Senior management: Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Department: School of Education
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Instructional / Teaching Faculty
The Virginia Tech School of Education is inviting applications for the position of Associate Director of the School of Education, to lead the Office of Educational Research and Outreach (OERO). We seek a dynamic, creative leader who will further build and advance the sponsored research and outreach activities of the School of Education. The position is an open rank (or commensurate experience), 12-month appointment.
The School of Education Associate Director leads the Office of Educational Research and Outreach. This person provides faculty support within the School of Education and serves a central role in further building and advancing a highly productive sponsored educational research portfolio and outreach activities. In particular, we are seeking someone who can enthusiastically
● Support School of Education faculty and graduate students in pursuing and administering sponsored research and outreach;
● Promote the world-class research and capabilities of the School of Education within the University and beyond;
● Lead a skilled and experienced group of OERO personnel in overseeing the Office’s operations and resources;
● Liaise with the VT Office of Sponsored Programs, other university entities, and external funding agencies;
● Support and advance the work of grant-funded centers in the School of Education;
● Engage in scholarly activity consistent with rank;
● Optionally teach one course per year in a program in the School of Education;
● Travel to national conferences as required.
● An earned doctorate in Education or related field aligned with one or more School of Education programs by the time of appointment
● Extensive record of grant submissions and acquisitions
● Knowledgeable and supportive of a broad range of research methodologies and skills common to contemporary education research
● A vision for expanding sponsored research in the School and fostering interdisciplinary collaborations that will lead to new grant and outreach activities
● Record of scholarship, teaching, outreach, and service sufficient to warrant tenure at the hiring rank
● Tangible outcomes related to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Experience mentoring and providing professional development to faculty and graduate students interested in pursuing grant funding opportunities
● Experience networking and collaborating with a variety of entities
● Supervisory or management experience
● Extensive knowledge of sponsored programs budgeting and finance
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and vision for the Office of Educational Research and Outreach, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) two examples of scholarly writing that exemplify your qualifications for the position, and (4) names and contact information for three references. Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu, Job number 515075. Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2021 and continue until position is filled.
Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Barbara Lockee, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sherri Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend