Post Award Associate or Senior Post Award Associate
Job no: 516915
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Department: Sponsored Programs
Location: Telework Eligible, Blacksburg Area
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Grants / Contracts
The Sponsored Programs division in the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation has an opening for a (Senior) Post Award Associate. (Position is either at the associate or senior associate level.)
The (Senior) Post Award Associate (research administrator) advises and assists faculty and staff in award administration and ensures compliance with university and sponsor policies, procedures, and requirements.
Responsibilities include award management, invoice preparation, and account closeout. Works closely with the post award leadership in post award coordination and operations, and may assist with team member training.
Will be expected to foster teamwork and collaboration, with demonstrated organizational skills and a high commitment to customer service by applying skills and experience to the review of research awards and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and university regulations and guidelines.
Depending on the knowledge, skills and ability of the successful candidate, the offer may be at either the Post-Award Associate or Senior Post-Award Associate level.
- Bachelor's degree or lesser degree with significant relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with bookkeeping/ accounting practices and/or budgeting
- Demonstrated experience and/or college coursework with emphasis on accounting, finance, or government/business regulations and administration.
- Demonstrated progressively advancing and direct work experience with federal and non-federal grants or contract regulations or the Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation (required for Senior Post-Award Associate).
- Demonstrated experience with federal and nonfederal grants and/or contract regulations
- Project administration and/or project management experience preferably in a Research setting
- Knowledge of university administrative and/or accounting practices and procedures.
Commensurate with experience
Position eligible for partial telework.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend