Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 520899
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: IT Management
Location: Blacksburg - Main Campus
Categories: Administrative / Clerical
The Executive Assistant (EA) will serve as the primary point of contact for the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer and provide exceptional administrative support for the Vice President for IT and CIO and the Office of the CIO, and other designated senior leaders, ensuring the leadership team and office operates in an informed, efficient, professional and courteous manner. Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the primary first contact for people seeking to contact the Vice President and designated senior leaders
- Independently performing the daily functions of the Office of the CIO using excellent judgment and decision-making skills in carrying out these responsibilities to ensure the integrity and professionalism required for the office of an executive
- Managing the calendar and scheduling meetings for the Vice President and designated senior leaders
- Coordinating travel arrangements for the Vice President and designated senior leaders
- Preparation and support for division level meetings and presentations
- Managing files and records of the division in compliance with university policies
- Ensuring a smooth working relationship with departments reporting to the Vice President, senior university administration offices, members of the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors, and business and community leaders
- Coordination of special events, including scheduling, room reservations, catering, and other arrangements
- Working with university departments such as Purchasing and the Controller to ensure a variety of business transactions are completed effectively and timely
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient in using productivity software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Commensurate on experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact India Eanes at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend