Software Systems Engineer
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521464
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Research / Scientific
The Intelligent Systems Division of the Virginia Tech National Security Institute (VTNSI) at Virginia Tech is looking for a driven and hard-working engineer with interest and experience in modeling and simulation of systems.
● Refinement and management of the Mission Aware meta-model to align with future cyber resilience research, such as SysML v2, standardization and Digital Engineering (DE) trends
● Definition and refinement of case study model-based systems engineering (MBSE) system models
● Generation of tooling in support of documentation and training for cybersecurity, MBSE and DE processes and methodologies
● Support for research reports, presentations, and conferences
● Bachelor’s Degree or Master's degree in a related field such as systems engineering or computer science with significant professional experience.
● Due to the nature of the work, the position is restricted to U.S. Citizens.
● Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
● Experience with SysML or other MBSE environment or with discrete event simulation
● Experience managing the transition of software from development into production environments
● Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in executing research and/or development projects
● Experience with Rapid Prototyping
● Experience with Meta-Models, Ontologies Data Modeling, or Systems Models
● Interest and/or experience working effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
● Experience working in an academic environment
● Experience executing on research and/or development programs supporting the federal government
$90,000 - $140,000 depending on experience
Due to the nature of the Institute's work, all applicants must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sue Kass at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend