||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position conceptualizes, processes, and produces audio, video, animations, and interactive multimedia collateral for a variety of audiences, platforms, and outcomes.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
60% of Time the Multimedia Specialist must:
● Apply visual design best practice principles to the design and development of static and interactive elements (graphics, videos, animations, interactive simulations, etc.), while maintaining university branding/graphics standards.
● Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to reach targets, staying on schedule and on budget.
● Understand and maintain the branding identity strategy for programs.
● Create multimedia content for a variety of media platforms.
● Record and edit video and audio and provide direction/assistance to students who assist with video editing and export.
● Perform usability testing and quality assurance of media elements used across platforms. Ensure media is accessible for all users, including those with disabilities.
● Provide initial conception (storyboarding, etc.) and estimates for media development. Develop layout and concept designs for approvals.
● Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, production level and platforms, turnaround time, corrections, approvals and project estimates.
● Leverage analytics to determine the effectiveness of activities and make continual improvements.
35% of the Time
The person in this position will help build an online presence to support various research activities as well as how to engage those involved directly or indirectly with the research. In addition, this person will assist in the dissemination of information and reports associated with the research projects as well as design procedures on how to entice individuals to access this information.
• Ability to develop and implement a social media strategy for different research projects,
• Ability to monitor online activity across projects to support identified goals and identify quality/quantity of individual engagement,
• Encourage greater social media participation,
• Identify opportunities to influence public perception through audience engagement.
• Other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Possess graphic design, typography, video, and multimedia development skills.
● Apply experience and knowledge: with best practices to create accessible web sites and multimedia collateral.
● Complete and balance multiple projects demonstrating strong conceptual and analytical skills, planning abilities, and sound judgment.
● Knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns, search engine optimization (SEO), and optimized content writing best practices.
● Willingly, effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders.
● Must be familiar with current digital best practices and be able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies.
● Knowledge about developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
● Ability to provide effective customer-service and to actively listen and appropriately respond to colleague, stakeholder and supervisor needs/requests.
● Possesses social perceptiveness and orientation to facilitate diverse, inclusive and culturally sensitive working and learning environments to serve global audiences.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Cover letter and resume.