Sydney OR Brisbane OR Melbourne
- Join an Enterprise Testing team made up of supportive and highly experienced practitioners and leaders
- Work on one of the largest programs Suncorp has embarked on
- Focus on BAT testing at a program level with exposure to senior stakeholders
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Program Business Acceptance Test Lead to play a pivotal role in coordinating and leading business acceptance testing activities across multiple tribes and releases for one of the largest projects Suncorp has embarked on.
You will be responsible for the Program Business Acceptance Test Strategy which will ensure a cohesive and efficient approach to End-to-End functional testing, Production Verification Testing (PVT) and Business Acceptance Testing, aligning with program objectives and stakeholder expectations.
You will have previous experience within the financial services/insurance industry combined with a successful track record at Test Director level of working on projects of this size and complexity to embed significant change. The role will work closely with the Program Test Director, Automation Architect, Business Owner(s), Tribe Quality Lead(s) to establish and maintain a high standard of quality throughout the End-to-End Testing and BAT phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to really showcase your experience and make your mark at the start of this complex project.
What you’ll do:
- Focus on BAT Testing at program level across multiple tribes
- Act as the conduit between Business Owners and Tribe Test Leads, communicate regularly to provide updates on the status of testing activities and address any concerns or issues, as well as presenting to senior stakeholders
- Collaborate with Tribe Test Lead(s) to ensure consistency and alignment with program objectives defined in the Program Test Strategy for End-to-End Testing, BAT and PVT phases.
- Review and approve the BAT test plans for individual tribes, ensuring they align with the program-level strategy including identifying opportunities to test early.
- Collaborate with tribe-level test leads to ensure adequate resourcing is available for End-to-End testing, Business Acceptance Testing and Production Verification Testing.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of business acceptance testing activities across multiple tribes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, ensuring their active participation and contribution throughout the BAT testing lifecycle.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Information Technology).
- 5+ years’ experience in quality assurance or software testing in a management/leadership role on a complex program
- Strong hands-on testing background, leading BAT testing with a focus on coordinating testing efforts across multiple teams or tribes.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Must have previous experience within financial services
- Strong communication skills at senior stakeholder level combined with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a meticulous attention to detail.
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time