- Permanent role
- Contribute to a strong collaborative and supportive culture with a focus on underwriting profitability
- Work with the State Intermediary team to enhance and maintain strong intermediary relationships and engagement
- Work from home and office
- Perth CBD location
The Underwriter Workers Compensation role performs day to day operational underwriting functions within a State Underwriting team through the underwriting and negotiating of individual policy renewals, new business and mid term policy adjustments in accordance with the Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA).
The role contributes within the State to the execution of the Commercial Portfolio Strategy through the application of product, pricing, customer retention and acquisition strategies to deliver the targeted Insurance Trading Result (ITR) for the Product(s).
The Underwriter role will grow and develop key intermediary relationships, deliver exceptional customer service, collaborate with other teams, remove any blockages to performance, escalate issues and proactively look for ways to simplify and improve the underwriting process.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Underwrite new and renewal business within the scope of individual Delegated Underwriting Authority to achieve the strategic and financial goals of the Commercial Portfolio strategy
- Conduct renewal reviews to ensure business is re-underwritten in alignment with current underwriting, selection and pricing guidelines and implement corrective or remedial actions when appropriate
- Underwrite new business in alignment with current underwriting, selection and pricing guidelines
- Monitor ongoing policy performance to identify opportunities for remedial or corrective underwriting
- Underwrite using approved tools and in complete alignment with agreed underwriting processes and guidelines.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Insurance market
- Demonstrated ability to influence in the commercial Broker and Adviser insurance market to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Understanding of relevant Insurance products, industry, market environment, reinsurance structures and customer segment
- Ability to underwrite in accordance with Risk Appetite, Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA), Underwriting Guidelines and Business Licence
- Ability to analyse data and identify key issues and develop solutions, and drive data-based decisions.
Working as part of the Suncorp Group you will have access to an unparalleled range of job opportunities across insurance, banking, wealth management and corporate services. We promote a high-performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication. We recognise and value commitment and encourage our people to maintain a healthy balance between their career and personal time. Suncorp has been awarded Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for seven years in a row.
Employee benefits | Suncorp Group
If this role sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please submit an application online today. For more information please contact Annette_frasca@suncorp.com.au
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time