Senior Quality Advisor
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - TAS Regional, Aus - Hobart
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
The primary objectives of the role are:
- Assure quality products and processes by establishing and maintain a project quality management system based on ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and UGL’s management system.
- Drive the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Lead a quality culture; promoting an informed, participatory workplace that continues to develop new product and engineering designs, and construction and training methods. achieve quality levels that satisfy our client’s needs and expectations.
As the Senior Quality Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Ensure the quality objectives are achieved through planned and controlled work processes (WMSs, ITPs and VCs)
- Assist Project Team(s) develop and implement work package management plans, procedures and forms
- Develop and manage construction methodology documentation schedule
- Establishment and maintain the construction lot management system
- Establish and maintain a mobility ‘in field’ quality control system
- Assist in careful selection of subcontractors and confirmation that their work complies
- Undertake pre-commencement audits of supplier or subcontractor quality documentation during the procurement phase
- Ensure planned inspection and testing (including identification and traceability) are carried out to verify that the work processes are effective and that all finished work is of industry best practice
- Ensure that nonconforming items are rectified or addressed through Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) taking into account durability, operations & maintenance, safety and environment aspects;
- Ensure all works is defect free and handover documentation is successfully completed within the contractual timeframes;
- Perform audits and surveillance of project activities, as necessary, to ensure the quality of service, product, and workmanship meets the requirements of the project and ensure all actions are closed out within a timely and efficient manner;
- Assist with the preparing and communication quality systems and product training
- Improve procedures and work practices when opportunities are identified to minimise errors, waste and product nonconformities
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Degree in Engineering / Construction / Project Management is desirable
- 10 years engineering / construction experience specifically with Civil, Electrical or Geo-technical
- 5 years construction quality and/or completions experience
- Awareness of relevant Australian and International standards, both technical and those related to management systems
- Lead Quality Auditor
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable
- Experience in systems development for quality control and mobility application
This role is based in Hobart or Launceston, Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time