We are seeking a motivated individual to serve as a program manager within the MSU Global Center for Aquatic Health and Food Security (GCAHFS). The desired individual will work closely with the GCAHFS administration to coordinate projects and activities as well as provide administrative support for the effective function of the GCAHFS.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
MSU Global Center for Aquatic Health and Food Security (GCAHFS)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the administrative function of the unit.
• Manages complex events calendar for unit and senior personnel; coordinates logistics of unit functions and events.
• Coordinates and manages travel for unit personnel using University travel software and ensuring adherence to University travel protocols.
• Assist with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to budgets, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
• Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports; prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
• Participates in the development and implementation of unit programs and projects consistent with unit objectives, contractual agreements, and/or funding availability.
• May participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, and/or short- and long-term planning.
• Develops and implements systems to maintain records ensuring compliance with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
• Assist in developing and writing comprehensive narrative program reports.
• May assist with maintaining unit website and/or social media.
• Develops summary reports, analyzes for administrators, and makes recommendations regarding findings.
• Studies, analyzes, and recommends procedures and processes in order to improve continuity and simplify reporting throughout the unit.
• Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Technology, Agriculture, Life Sciences, or other degrees related to this position. Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• When a candidate has the required experience, but lacks the required education, they may normally apply additional experience toward the education requirement at a rate of one (1) year of relevant experience per year of required education.
• When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional education toward the experience requirement at a rate of one (1) year of relevant education per year of required experience.
• Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Veterinary Sciences, Agriculture, Life Sciences, or other degrees related to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of MSU policies and procedures, including knowledge of Concur and Banner systems, travel policies and procedures, and purchasing guidelines.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with software, such as:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Shared resources (Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.)
• Ability to coordinate a wide variety of tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize work functions with attention to details.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience handling sensitive information.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at msujobs.msstate.edu. Please include cover letter and resume along with names and addresses of at least three references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.